What is an art society?
An art society is a group of creative people who come together to explore and celebrate art! Members share knowledge, learn new skills and meet like-minded people.
What are the benefits?
You’ll get 10% discount at The Deckle Edge! (T&Cs apply)
Just bring along proof of current membership. To shop online, use discount code SOCIETIES2023 at checkout.
Other benefits could include exhibitions of members’ work, lectures on interesting topics, exclusive access to events or resources, workshops on new techniques and more. Each society offers different benefits, so ask around before you sign up.
You become a member by signing up with your preferred art society, often by paying an annual membership fee. The fees vary from society to society and generally they are very reasonable, especially if you consider the year-round 10% discount on art supplies and access to other benefits.
Which society should I join?
There are so many to choose from! Here are a few popular ones to whom we extend a 10% discount:
- Artist’s Co-Operative
- AVA (Association for Visual Arts)
- BAASA (Botanical Art Association of South Africa)
- Blaauwberg Art Society
- CAS (Constantiaberg Art Society)
- Paarl Art Society
- SASA (South African Society of Artists)
- Sedgefield Art Society
- STAG (Simonstown Art Group)
- Stellenbosch Art Association
- The Kouga Art Society
- The Miniature Art Society of SA
- The Printing Girls
- The Knysna Art Society
Terms & Conditions:
- The Art Society discount only applies to Societies that are affiliated with The Deckle Edge. If you are part of an Art Society not listed above, please feel free to contact email@example.com to apply to be an affiliated Society.
- The 10% discount is only applicable to items that are discountable. Some items, like Copic Markers and Inks, Custom Canvases and LED Lightboxes, are not discountable.
- The Artist Society discount can not be used in conjunction with any other promotion to get an additional discount.
- Only current paid-up members qualify for the Art Society discount. We will require either an up-to-date membership card or an email from your Society confirming your membership.