Copic markers are world-famous alcohol markers that have been iconic favourites among creative professionals for decades.
What makes them so massively popular?
- Copic markers are refillable, ergonomic, ultra blendable and made with the highest grade materials
- There are 3 different marker types with various nib options
- They come in a huge range of vibrant colours – and there’s a refill available for every colour
- You can buy just one marker, or choose from an array of different size Copic marker sets
- There are all kinds of accessories available, from storage cases to replacement nibs
- You can even use the refills on their own to create alcohol ink art
- If you take care of your Copic marker, it could last you a lifetime!
The ink is alcohol-based and goes on smoothly. Although it is fast drying, the inks can be re-hydrated on the paper, making them easy to blend. Unlike water-based inks, Copic ink doesn’t damage paper fibres and dries acid-free.
Being the most affordable marker, the Ciao is a popular choice. It features a flexible brush tip and a medium chisel tip and is available in 190 different colours. It is very similar to the Copic Sketch, but holds less ink and the caps on each end don’t have the colour code and name. The barrel is round but the lids have a slight protrusion on each end to help prevent them rolling around. A refill bottle can refill a Ciao 9 times.
This is the original and first range of Copic markers, featuring a chisel tip on one end and a fine point on the other. The barrel is square and the lid on each end features a coloured cap as well as the specific colour code and name for each marker, making them easy to identify. Available in 214 colours with 9 different nib options, the Classic is the most customisable Copic. Classics hold the most ink of the three types of markers and a refill ink bottle can fill a Classic 5 times.
The most popular of all the Copic markers, the Sketch range offers the widest colour range (358 in total) with a chisel tip and brush tip combination. The barrel is oval-shaped making it less likely to roll off your desk. The Copic Sketch holds a fair amount of ink and can be refilled 7 times with one ink refill. Like the Classic marker, the Sketch features the colour code and name on the marker for easy identification.
Every Copic colour has a matching ink refill bottle. Save money (and the environment) by buying just one marker, and refilling it over and over again. Each refill bottle contains 12 ml of ink and has a dropper spout for convenience. Refill inks can also be mixed to create your very own colours – these can be added to empty Copic markers for customised markers.
Did you know you can have your Copic Marker refilled at The Deckle Edge Salt River? Our handy Copic Refill Station makes refilling your Copic Marker a breeze!