Dala Fuse Beads (500 Beads)
Create unique designs and patterns with these amazing fuse beads. Search tons of fun fuse-bead patterns online and recreate them. Make fun 8-bit characters or charms for jewelry with the bright plastic beads. This simple and easy-to-clean craft is a great choice for a quick project to do when you have some spare time. Available in assorted 500 piece packs so you’ll have plenty of beads to design with.
You will need a Dala fuse bead pegboard to attach the beads to.
- Place your pegboard on a flat, heat-safe surface.
- Arrange the beads on your pegboard in your chosen design
- Set a household iron to the medium setting – 200 degrees celsius.
- Place parchment/wax paper (folded over so there is a non-stick surface for both the bead design and the hot iron surface) over the pegboard and place iron down onto the bead design and hold for 10-20 seconds. Do not push down the design. Let the design cool.
- Remove the paper and the bead design from the board and flip the design over to expose the non-fused side. If the design does not come off easily or is not sticking together – apply the iron again and repeat step 4 on the side that isnt fused.
- In a circular motion, begin to iron the project. Do not press down on the design. When ironed properly, the beads will stick together and still have an open center.
TIP: to protect your iron, always use wax paper or parchment paper to cover the use beads. Should wax paper stick to your design – rinse under water and gently rub the wax paper off.