Golden sandable hard gesso 236ml
GOLDEN Sandable Hard Gesso is formulated with 100% acrylic polymer emulsion. It contains high levels of titanium dioxide, calcium carbonate and talc to produce an easily sanded surface.
NOTE:?���������This product is designed for rigid substrates only and is?���������NOT?���������to be used on flexible materials, as cracking may occur.
- Only use on inflexible substrates such as hardboard, wood or metal panels. Potential for cracking may occur if used on highly absorbent surfaces, like canvas, even when adhered to a rigid surface beforehand.
- Apply in multiple thin layers, gradually building up to the desired thickness.Single thick layers could crack upon drying.
When sanding, follow these general guidelines:
- Allow Sandable Hard Gesso to dry completely before sanding. Cured acrylic films are easier to sand. Start with coarser grit sandpapers, followed by subsequently finer grits until desired smoothness is achieved. Both wet and dry sandpapers may be used. Wet sanding generates less airborne dust and tends to produce a smoother surface than dry sanding. Sanding to a glossy (polished) surface can reduce mechanical adhesion of paint films. As always, test for your application. Upon completion of sanding, use a damp, soft cloth to remove sanding dust particles from the surface. Failure to do so can cause poor adhesion.
- Brushing: This product may be diluted with up to 20% water for ease of brush application.
- Spraying: Dilute Sandable Hard Gesso with GOLDEN Airbrush Medium. Begin at a 2:1 ratio (Gesso:Medium) and test spray quality, as various spray equipment may require additional thinning. Further reduce viscosity by adding up to 20% water.