Schmincke Gum Arabic 200ml
Binder for rubbing watercolor and gouache paints yourself. Water-thinnable and smudge-proof, but not water-proof when drying. The addition of Schmincke watercolor and gouache paints increases the adhesion to the substrate, increases the gloss and transparency and leads to a deepening of the color tone.
- Shake well before use
- Gum arabic concentrated is ready-to-use, but can be diluted with water in any ratio if required.
- The mixing ratio of binder to pigment is heavily dependent on the type of colorant. Our recommendation: start with equal parts of binder and pigment, then add binder or pigment to the desired consistency. The dried paint should have a smooth surface and should not rub off when rubbed with the ball of a dry hand. The paints rubbed in this way can be diluted with water if necessary. They are intended for immediate use and should only be kept for a few days in a closed container.
- The addition of the product to watercolor and gouache paints should definitely be done on a separate palette.
- The product is water-miscible and can also be dissolved with water after it has dried on.
- Clean tools immediately after use with water or water and soap.
- Close container immediately after use.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from frost.
- Individual pre-tests are recommended.
Ingredients: gum arabic and water.