Spectrum Screen Printing Start Up Kit
A comprehensive starter kit for screen-printing.
The kit includes:
- Information and instruction sheet
- Screen: 48T (threads per cm) textile printing grade.
- Stencil Film: Red film sheets x3 for hand cutting image to be printed.
- Adhering Liquid: Used to adhere the stencil film onto the mesh.
- Masking Tape: Use this on the ‘squeegee side’ (opposite side to where the stencil film is adhered) to mask off the open areas of mesh around the stencil film so that ink does not pass through.
- Table Glue: Scrape thinly onto ridged surface and allow to dry completely. It will remain tacky and keeps the fabric stuck down when the screen is lifted after printing.
- Cut Clear: This is the ‘binder’ that you will colour with pigment and push through the mesh using the squeegee.
- Pigment: Add this to the Cut Clear up to 1:20 in order to colour it.
- Squeegee: Use this tool (45 degree angle) to push ink through onto fabric.
- Hobby Knife: Use this tool to cut through the stencil film.
Drying and Curing: The printed textile can be speed dried using a hair dryer. The dried print requires hot ironing for 10 seconds per square foot (curing). Take care to not burn the polymer/textile.